Contact Info

For information of purchase of any of the art works displayed, please contact me: abiartist@gmail.com

Monday, July 02, 2007

This is the project I've been working on the past few weeks.

Ferrari in Garage
Oil on gallery stretched canvas
36 x 24 x 3 inches
Unframed


The painting in a digital frame.

The second stage done in acryllic tonal wash. Dark and light areas are defined in acryllic. Painting in oils was begun a day later, when this layer was thoroughly dried.

The sketch, done in pencil, directly on canvas, then erased sufficently before painting. This way I ensure that the pencil lines don't show throught the oil layers.
I used up one whole eraser (!) to get it down to the way I wanted it! Talk of being lazy!! A good swipe at the end with a dry brush gets rid of all the unwanted graphite.

Because I needed to get familiar with the form and construction of the Formula 1 racer, I made this card model of the Ferrai, based on plans available on the net.
Parallel to the construction of the model, I also read up on as many facts as I could read about Formula car construction.


Did you know that the tail fin of the Ferrari can hold up to 16 grown men standing on it? Awesome facts you come across when you study these things!!

2 comments:

sreenivasa ram makineedi said...

Nice paitning dude.
good to see a fellow indian artist.

Abhijit Jiwa said...

Thanks Sreenivas, appreciate it.